Saturday, February 26, 2011

a girl on Sunday morning

I know what you're thinking.
I can't make up my mind.
I know there is 18 of you that are likely to notice and because I am proving to be 'one of those girls' that can't ever make up her mind, I feel I owe you an explanation.

A girl on Sunday morning is likely to find herself before a wide array of clothing--some too small, some too large, some too bright, some too dull, and nothing just right. She is as frustrated as her husband is puzzled. "Everyone else always looks super cute and trendy," the girl thinks to herself as she pulls off yet another shirt that just isn't quite right. During this time she notices all the physical flaws, some that were supposed to have been taken care of during last year's resolutions, and some, well, she just blames her Creator for. Overall, she is discontented and tired of trying to measure up to this ideal that she herself has created in her head.

This girl is me. Not with the clothes part, but with the comparison and flaws part.

I have been blogging for nearly three months now and God has spoken such truth to my heart through my own writing that I never want to stop writing. However, I am finding that the deeper I go into 'BlogWorld' the more and more aware I am of my inadequacies. There are so many cute blogs out there, full of fabulous photos and creative custom touches--none of which I am gifted with.

I have spent hours in front of my screen trying to figure out how to make blog look like those other blogs.

It is then my faithful God tenderly draws me back to the simple truth that it's not about me. It's about Him. It is by God and through God and for God that I write. It is not about creating a blog that will impress or writing words that will make others think I'm fabulous. It's about communicating the simple, uncompromised Truth of the Gospel.

I always tell my kids, "there will always be someone smarter, faster, or 'prettier' when we measure by the world's standard. When we use God's standard as our guideline, we will find peace and rest. The other is like trying to catch the wind in the palm of your hand."

If only I would remember that.
Good night blog land.

<><tce
 

No comments:

Post a Comment