Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Compliment Indeed

If I could only use one word to describe myself I would probably choose a word like late, blessed, hopeful, haphazard, passionate or woman-in-need-of-grace-and-rest-and-a-long-suffering-spouse-children-and-friends. There are most definitely words that I wouldn't choose, and those words would probably include crafty (although I do LOVE to create while in the kitchen), trendy, or educated. Or stylish.

I think it is funny though, especially as women, how we perceive ourselves entirely different than the world around us may.  I have only been a blogger for two months and I was honored to have gotten my first award today. I am learning that this is something fun in the blogging universe and I thank whomever the thoughtful soul was that started this fun little thing. I look forward to joining in the merriment.

Phyllis from All Things Beautiful has blessed my novice blog by awarding me the Stylish Blog Award!
As part of the award, I must list 7 things about me that you may (or may not) know...so here it goes...

1.) This really great man asked my hand in marriage only nine days after my 19th birthday. I said yes.
2.) I have never once regretted my answer.
3.) 8 weeks after graduating from high school I moved to Tegucigalpa, Honduras to teach 7th-10th grade.
4.) I didn't know Spanish.
5.) I learned that God doesn't call the equipped, but He does equip those He calls.
6.) I love everything about being in the kitchen except the forgotten food in the back of the fridge.
7.) I talk too much and need to learn to listen more.

As my way of saying thank you I will pass this award on to my sweet friend Jill at Spoils of Wear. Jill is style. Jill is witty and real and cute. She is always on the lookout for a good deal and can somehow piece together a fabulous outfit out of just about anything, anywhere. We used to sit next to each other in Geometry and flick crayons up at the ceiling fan. Then the teacher moved us. Now we are blogging buddies and I learn what I should not wear from reading her blog.

Thanks to Phyllis for choosing me and thank you for sparing your precious time glancing through this collection of words. Many blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, even though I don't comment on your blogs often, I do still read them and love every piece of writing you have put out there. You deserve that award! Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Tiff! Thanks for the award and the fun flashback. I would LOVE to get together sometime, catch up, talk blog, ect. I'm pretty flexible, so ANYTIME, you just let me know.

    I LOVE that you're blogging. I didn't know (though am not surprised) what a fantastic writer you are! It's so much fun reading about your life, family, accomplishments, struggles...and to see that you're as cool and unexpected now as you were in high school!

    ReplyDelete