Friday, July 27, 2012

simple.profound.

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."
 ~ Isaiah 30:15

My face hurts from the sinus pressure. 
My shoulder is sore for an unknown reason. 
My body is tired from little sleep and lots of play. 
My spirit is spilling over with joy for reasons that are hard to articulate.

God is doing a profound and simple work in my heart and mind and life. 
My soul longs for intimacy with Jesus. 
In that longing I am filled. 
I crave the covering of His presence
and the rest I find there. 

My mouth falls silent as my heart and strength are renewed
in spite of all physical circumstances. 
And sometimes, the only response I have is to savor the silence and
allow my heart to beat my gratitude.  

Sweet Jesus, thank you. 

filled.
tiffany 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany!

    Kendra came home from camp yesterday and as I was talking to her I discovered that you were the speaker at Bluewater this past week!

    In Kendra's words: Mom, Tiffany was REALLY good! She said things in a way that made it easy to understand.

    I know you don't always get feedback from kids on the week. I wanted to make sure you know that Kendra really got something out of what you said and we had a good conversation about it on our drive home. Thanks!

    Kristen Wiggs

    ReplyDelete