Monday, February 21, 2011

a Proverb and a prayer

"He who pursues righteousness and love
finds life, 
prosperity
and honor."
Proverbs 21:21

Good morning Lord! Thank you for your mercy in the sunrise and your faithfulness shown through even the smallest, insignificant things. Father, I pray that my heart would long for righteousness and love today in all things. I pray that Your Spirit of peace and reconciliation would abide in my heart today and be a close companion. I pray that I would strive to understand rather than to be understood. I pray that I would seek to love before I complain about being unloved. I pray that I would be a woman of integrity in all I do, say and think. I surrender those secret places in the unseen recesses of my heart, may you abide there and be glorified there. I pray that my pursuit of righteousness today would be greater than my pursuit for productivity, popularity, pleasure or prosperity. I thank you for your promise and I pray that you would grant me grace to see what life, prosperity and honor really look like. I confess that often my own ideas of life, prosperity and honor do not mirror yours. As a result I am quick to shake my fist and rebuke you for not fulfilling your promise, when indeed you are working in far greater ways than my wayward human heart is even aware of. Thank you for your tireless love. May that love be the desire of my heart today and may my pursuit of your righteousness change the way I see the world around me and my response to it. 
Thank you for life. 
Thank you for the abundant prosperity that I experience in every breath I take. 
Thank you for the honor of being your Beloved. 
I love you Jesus. 

<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment