Wednesday, September 12, 2012

captive

As the battle for my mind rages on,
this morning I stand before God and surrender the discouragement that threatens my peace.
I desire to take every thought captive and make it obedient to the TRUTH,
knowing it will take intentional saturation of the TRUTH...
the Word of God.

Every thought of frustration,
hopelessness,
resentment,
fear,
weariness...
will have to pass through the sieve of Philippians 4.
If it passes the test, I will entertain the thought.
If it does not,
I will disregard it as a lie and take hold of truth in its place.

'Rejoice in the Lord always;
again I will say, 
REJOICE!
Let your reasonablness be known to all.
The Lord is at hand. 
DO NOT BE ANXIOUS 
about anything,
but in everything
by prayer and supplication
with 
thanksgiving
let your requests be made known to God. 
And the PEACE of God,
which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your heart and mind
in Christ Jesus.
Finally brothers, 
whatever is TRUE,
whatever is HONORABLE,
whatever is JUST,
whatever is PURE,
whatever is LOVELY,
whatever is COMMENDABLE,
if there is any EXCELLENCE,
if there is anything WORTHY of PRAISE,
think about these things."
Philippians 4:4-8

Before I complain, I will rejoice. 
Before I fret and worry, I will pray and give thanks. 
I will take captive that which is not true or honorable.
I will be fair and choose justice.
I will choose purity of thought and purity of speech. 
I will choose that which is lovely rather than that which is cynical or unkind or foul. 
I will choose to see that which is excellent: in my husband. my children. my family. my church. my friends. 
and I will give thanks for those excellent things
all the while surrendering all the rest in prayer. 
I will choose praise before I complain. 
I will praise my husband for a job done well rather than complain about what he has not done. 
I will praise my children for the grace of God at work in them while I continue to teach and train them in patience and gentleness. 
I will praise the Lord for His favor and kindness in the midst of my unkindness and unworthiness.
and when the day is done, 
I will lay my head on my pillow and rest. 


Sweet Jesus, 
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be a fragrant offering to you today
as your peace sets itself as a guard upon my heart and mind. 

<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment