Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh God!






Oh holy and loving Father...
my heart and soul cry out within me!
I see the images of the destruction as despair and fear grip the hearts of the people. 
I see pictures of those in Japan, mourning and searching for their loved ones...
children looking for their parents, husbands for wives, parents for children, wives for husbands, 
friend for friend.
Oh God--the destruction is beyond what my small mind can fathom,
the despair is unmeasurable and my heart wonders where you are in all of it. 
It is easy for me to turn away and continue on my merry way,
with healthy children,
a warm home 
and an abundance of clean water and healthy food. 
Oh God--stir my heart to prayer! 
Break my heart for the things that break yours Holy Father and churn within me a spirit that is not content to turn my eyes on the hurt and suffering of this world. 
Overwhelm my heart that I would be drawn into Your presence on account of others. 


God I pray that you would unleash Your Spirit over that scared and broken land. 
I pray that as the devastation increases, Your faithfulness would be magnified.
I pray that you would heal, unite, reconcile and revive the souls of those crushed and broken.
Hear their cries oh Lord and may Japan declare the goodness of our God!


Your Word says,
"God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
though the earth gives way,
and the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
God is in the midst of her;
she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns."
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
He utters His voice, 
the earth melts. 
The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
He burns the chariots with fire.
"Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!"
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob our fortress.
Psalm 46


God--the earth has given way and the mountains have fallen into the heart of the sea.  
A small island nation is trembling while the world looks on in horror. Their agony is great oh Holy God and this morning, on behalf of Japan, we cry out to you! 
God, help them please. 
As morning dawns I pray that a renewed sense of hope and a reality of Your presence in the midst of the darkness would overwhelm them. 
Stir our hearts to pray for them. God, I pray that your Beloved would minister in body and spirit to those in the heart of this unspeakable tragedy.
I thank you God, that you are there. 
In the darkness you are there. In the pain and grief, You are there. 
Even though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
you, oh loving and gracious God, are there.
Show yourself present I pray.
Be their fortress. Be their protector. Be exalted on high!
Amen


<><tce

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I attempted to put some of this tragedy into words myself on Sunday night, I was blessed by this prayer Tiffany, thank you.

    ReplyDelete