Friday, March 4, 2011

{this moment} in the presence of God

It is that time of the week again when I join with soule mama and The Homemade Life to bring you a sweet {moment} that passed through my week. These moments are fleeting and there are many that I miss. But there are those that I don't and for those I am incredibly grateful.


play.


learn.



celebrate. 



"Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
yet I will be confident.


One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire in His temple." 
Psalm 27:3,4


I long to raise children that love Jesus and love others.
I desire for my children, my husband and myself to claim the Truth of God, to digest it, to live by it, to love it.
I can be guaranteed that there will be opposition.
Satan hates my marriage. He hates my children. He hates me.
He will do all that he can to effectively destroy that which Christ is doing in me and through me.
He will do all that he can to snatch away that which God has for me.
He will start with removing me from the very presence of God.
He does this by creating a false sense of self dependency alongside a spirit that has forgotten the very evidences of God's ever abiding faithfulness in my life.
He creates within me a spirit of irritation and discontentment with myself and others.
As we dance through our day today, I pray that the rhythms of our hearts would embrace the song of His.
I pray that we would abide in the very presence of God today as we complete work reports, attend board meetings, deliver pizzas, wipe noses, teach children and care for others. Whatever it is that your hands will set forth to do this day, I pray that you will do it in the very presence of God.
May our hearts be inclined to prayer--an ongoing conversation with the Creator and Sustainer of life and all that is.
I pray that in the midst of trouble and trial, when your enemy is encamped all around and you are buffeted by the winds of discouragement and the sword of doubt, I pray that the presence of God would cover you and sustain you.
May your heart find strength, shelter and confidence as you gaze upon the beauty of the Lord this day.




May God's face shine upon you as you live and breathe and love for yet another day.
Have a glorious weekend dear friends!

<><tce

1 comment: