Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a single sprout

I love this picture.
It's simple.
It's me.

In many ways, since I have started writing and faithfully spending time in God's Word, He is changing me from the inside out. My heart is so easily consumed with self and I am thankful that God has not given up on me yet! Although I have been a Christian for most of my life, this is really the most saturated my heart and mind have been in God's Word. An amazing thing is happening--it is taking root in my life and even my children can tell a difference.

I am seeing tangible ways that God is bringing Scripture to life, answering prayers and directing my path. There are moments when the discouragement sets in and I feel as though this thick head of mine will never learn, but in those moments God reminds me that 'He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it in Christ Jesus' (Phil. 1:6) and that every giant Redwood tree started as a single sprout.

Hmm...I  like that. Now if I could only remember that....
Perhaps I will change the name of my blog.
People don't really seem to get the whole 'fettered heart' thing anyway....

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, a sign that I am tired.
When I start rambling it could get dangerous because I can cover a lot of random ground in a very short period of time.
Hmm, there I go again.

Oh, did I mention that I now have a flushing toilet and running water in my bathroom!!!
That's right, I married a rock star!
I will be posting pictures soon.
I am sure I can find some Biblical tie and make a great post! ;)
Good night!

<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment