Saturday, April 9, 2011

one of those moments

do you ever have one of those moments when your heart is so full that words won't come?

Right now, in this moment, I feel that way.
On one hand, my heart is overflowing from blessing.
I have the most splendid and godly women in my life that I have the privilege of calling friends. Spending the evening with some of them was like salve on a wound.
I needed their company and God blessed me by it.
On the other hand, there are things weighing on my soul that words can't express.
Some are deep wounds,
some are small things that I am sure I am exaggerating in my tired heart,
and others are things that I inflict on myself
such as expectations.

It is in these moments that I find myself in the presence of a mind-reading, heart-hearing, spirit-sensing, ever gracious, eternally loving, majestic and holy God.

"And He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit,
because the Spirit intercedes for the saints
according to the will of God." 
Romans 8:27

Some moments, I don't even know how to pray...
or what to pray...
It is in those moments that I claim this promise. 
I will trust that in those moments when words aren't there,
the Spirit will intercede for me according to the will of God. 
That is what I want. 
That is all I want.
The will of God in my life
in these moments
and in those moments to come. 

He will search my heart, 
and intercede on my behalf 
according to the will of God. 
all I can say is thank you. 

Good night lovely friends. 
<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment