Thursday, April 21, 2011

let him ask

'If any of you lacks wisdom,
let him ask God,
who gives generously to all without reproach,
and it will be given him.'
James 1:5

Good morning Sweet Savior!
My heart has been savoring the beauty of today.
You sat at the table and dined with your chosen twelve all the while experiencing a mixture of emotions I am quite certain. It was time to do what it was that you came to do, and yet the pain of abandonment, humiliation, and physical anguish awaited just around the bend. 
Today, as we remember the first communion to ever be taken,
may our hearts be drawn to the beauty and entirety of your sacrifice. 
Thank you for allowing your body to be broken on my account.
Thank you for the sweet blood that poured down to cover the sin that covers mankind. 
Thank you for your obedience even in knowing that not all of Your creation would respond favorably to your sacrifice. 
Thank you for redeeming me. 
Thank you for promising not only salvation to those that would receive it, 
but in Your faithfulness, You promise wisdom to all who would ask in Your name. 
Of all things on earth--more than health or safety,
prosperity or harmony,
I pray for wisdom. 
May my heart desire wisdom far more than the temporary stuff of this earth. 
Allow my heart to seek Your face and to hear your heart and give me the conviction to listen and obey. 
Remind me Sweet Jesus, 
that all I need is found in right relationship with you. 
When my heart is in anguish, want or fear, your words are simple and yet complete:
"...Let him ask..."
Forgive me for not asking. 
Forgive me for striving rather than seeking. 
Forgive me for arrogantly pursuing rather than humbly surrendering. 
Father, please give me wisdom that I may see your face and hear your voice and have the character to obey.
I love you because you first loved me. 
Thank you. 
Amen

<><tce

1 comment:

  1. I forget too often to ask for wisdom. I try and use human foolishness instead.

    It doesn't work so great.

    This is a great prayer to remember.

    Happy Easter Tiffany to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete