Sunday, April 24, 2011

a day lived well

A day lived well...

started out quickly with four sleepy eyed Little One's wishing me a happy Easter.
A simple black pencil dress with a flattering cut for only $14 off the clearance rack.
It made me feel pretty and summery. $14 well spent.
A pretty pair of heels that made me feel, if even for a moment, that I had long, slender legs.
A hand made apron, gifted by a sweet friend, admired by many, worn as I served smiling people breakfast at church.
A great talk with one of our senior high kids while doing dishes after breakfast.

A lovely lunch with sweet friends to celebrate a Risen Savior.
Our weekly visit from a good friend who has become part of the family.



Handle bars, gasoline, mud, dirty helmets, and happy children.
Riding behind my Beloved, doing wheelies through mud puddles and feeling as though I was 17 again.

Taking turns giving the kids rides and listening to them squeal.
Hunting for hidden eggs filled with sweet surprises.

Underdogs on the rope swing and bocce ball in the yard.

A lunch so filling that even after hours in the mud, no one asks for dinner.
Kids that get excited about fresh fruit leftover from the church breakfast.
Kids that are satisfied with that for supper.

Muddy clothes hanging on the clothes line...big ones and little ones.

Running water in my own bathroom sink.
Celebrating the birth, life, death and resurrection of my Risen Savior Jesus Christ.
It has truly been a day lived well.

peace.
<><tce

1 comment: