Friday, May 27, 2011

weekly gratitude

the first blossoms on my new apple trees have arrived!
In many ways, this week has been a hard one for me.
I have taken a few walks with God and wept with Him as I have quoted Scripture and allowed it's truth to penetrate my soul.
God is not thrown off by life's twists and turns the way I am...
He is faithful and completely in control--
that alone is cause for celebration!
And so, in the wake of the week I had, I will take a moment to say thanks...

~the first buds on my apple trees have come
~4 day weekends!!
~green grass (and the fact it looks even greener against the gray sky)
~another completed school year (as of Monday--Yay!!) 
~'Cars' bandaids
~like minded people
~friendship
~cosmetics
~rice bowls with cilantro lime rice
~unexpected words of encouragement
~the incredible friendships shared between my children
~three wonderful men I have in my life: 
brilliant husband
great dad
sweet son

Here's to a long weekend of rest and work, laughter and prayer. 
I wish you so much laughter your stomach hurts, 
abundant fellowship that fills your cup to overflowing,
and lots of exercise to make muscles you didn't know you had a bit sore. 
Happy weekend!

<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment