Wednesday, May 4, 2011

100 and counting!

You have to understand (well, ok, maybe you don't, but just play along here...) 
writing has always been in my soul. 
I may not be great by any stretch of the imagination, but it is as much a part of me as say, my liver. 
(and try to live without your liver--I dare you...no, don't really try it...you get what I mean) 
I have written since I could hold a pen to do so
and I have been better because of it. 
However, I have always been very private about my writing, simply because I am very, very critical of my writing. 
If you only knew how many times I read and re-read my posts before hitting the little 'publish' icon at the bottom of the page...yeah, I'm a bit obsessive. 
Anyway, writing for a public audience has been a dream for me. A big one. 
Publishing that first post in December was a big deal.
Since that time, I have grown so much in my faith. I have been diligent about God's Word and He is teaching me through my own writing and study and for that I am deeply grateful. 
Truthfully, I have no idea who is reading or really, if anyone is for that matter. 
But truthfully, 
it doesn't even matter. 
I am doing what I love and God is doing great things within me as a result of it. 

In celebration of my 100th post (YIPPEEEE!!!) 
I am going to share a few more things I am thankful for--you being on that list. :) 

Good friends. Good hike. Cold day. Great weekend.

Romance even after 12 years of looking at my face...

a hot tub on a cold spring's night


running water. working toilet. no floor, but hey, less to clean.
no mirror, but really, who really likes to see themselves on a regular basis anyway? 

I am not creative. This is my attempt at creativity and blessing a sweet friend getting married next weekend. I was so proud of my table numbers. They are two sided and simple. I like them. 

They worked so hard this year and were so proud of their awards.
Hiding God's Word in their hearts is the best gift of all. 

for as much work as they are, it surely brightens up a Monday morning when the mail man pulls into the driveway and hands me a chirping box of fluffy cuteness. 

Ok...this is hard for me to post, but I am going to anyway.
I am a grammar snot. I am anal about spelling.
My 8 year old daughter wrote this yesterday (yikes, another writer in the family!)
and was so eager to share it with me. For as much as I wanted to correct it, I felt as though I needed to leave it simply because this is her heart. Every word of it.
Although she may still need some spelling work, it brings tears to my eyes to see what God is speaking to her heart.
And she is not kidding, we are not cat people. 
 I am thankful for a great many things. 
I have the most amazing group of senior high kids with whom I get the joy of being with every Wednesday night. They put up with me and I am better because of it. 
I have a husband who waits patiently as I finish this blog so we can spend time together before bed. 
Life is blessed and I am thankful that writing is a part of it. 
I am thankful that God is all of it. 

What is God calling you to do?
peace. 
<><tce


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing. I love reading your stuff and even began my own blog.

    Wow! I worked so hard with my sixth graders (another teaching job at another school) and I never got them to write as well as your eight year old!!!!
    By the way, now I will be forever nervous of writing on your facebook wall since I throw all grammar rules and spelling there, or have you read my blog. You left a grammar/spelling defender in Paolo though; he is always nagging whoever made any English mistake anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love comments--thanks for leaving one!
    I had to laugh about your comment in regards to Mario because you are so stinking right! He would even correct my English! ;)
    However, I do have to say that I was always intimidated by you because you were so naturally smart and I am not. I am a grammar snot because I have high expectations for myself. You, sweet Linda, have nothing to worry about-- your English is better than mine!
    Thanks again for reading...I can't wait to read yours!

    ReplyDelete