Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Taking a moment to breathe........

breathe...
breathe.....

This has been my mantra the last few days and this is me, forcing myself to stop for a moment and find rest and perspective in God's Word.  and breathe.

'Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.'
Psalm 127:1a

My mind is so full and I have definitely bitten off way more than I can chew. 
I have to be careful to be respectful and honoring in what I say here in this space as well as in the quiet of my own heart. I will say this, it can be frustrating serving alone or feeling as though I do. 
I understand people are busy--with four kids at home and a major home renovation balanced with church ministry and personal life--I know busy! 
It is hard and exhausting feeling as though others just assume someone else will step in and get the job done. It is easy to allow frustration and bitterness to take root and grow in those moments, especially within the home or within the church. 

As I was trying to keep these feelings at bay, God spoke quietly to my heart, 
"Tiffany, stop. It is not about your efforts, it is about My glory." 
Psalm 127:1 came to mind. 

And so, as I take this moment to breathe and remember Who it is I serve and by Whom I live and breathe and have my being, I will encourage you in the same way. 
It is not up to me to see that God is glorified (other than in my own life) and that the Body of Christ all has part in that. 
It is not up to me to see to it that others live lives of conviction, obedience or service. 
I am not the Holy Spirit. 
It is not my place to judge, condemn and ridicule. 
I am called to obey the calling for which God has called me.
I am called to obey in joy and love with perseverance and kindness fostering a heart of forgiveness, for such is how God has treated me. 
I am not called to laziness and have no place to condemn those that I think are. 
I am called to be holy just as God is holy, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from human striving but rather, being found in Christ as an heir to His righteousness. 

With that said, I will sign off and begin the rest of my day. 
Thank you for sharing my burden and my thoughts. 
blessings to you dear friends!
<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment