Monday, November 14, 2011

forgiven.



As you know, I write as I walk this journey of life with God and others.
As God speaks truth to me, I long to share that truth with others as a way of processing and digesting the life giving and life saving morsels that He graciously gives to me.
This small place, my little corner of the world wide web, is that place.
Perhaps someday it will turn into a book or into income for a growing family, but that is all beside the point.
It is a platform by which I share the encouragement and truth that has been shared with me.
Thank you for joining me in my journey.
I pray that you too will take truth that you receive and pass it forward, not for my glory, but for the blessing and redemption of those hearts that need hope and for the glory of the Giver of all good things.

This morning I awoke with the sun and my heart was drawn to His.
He met there and spoke truth to my heart.

'Put on then, as God's chosen ones,
holy and beloved,
compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,
bearing with one another and,
if one has complaint against another, forgiving each other;
as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive.
And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
to which indeed you were called in one body.
And be thankful.'
Colossians 3:12-15

God has chosen you to be His Beloved.
As a result, He is making you holy.
Compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience...
            Wear them like a garment.
            Desire them like choice clothing. 
            Allow them to define you,
            for these are the garments of the Chosen.
Forgive, because you have been forgiven. 
Must. 
This is not a suggestion, but rather a command. 
However, before the command came the example: you have been forgiven. 
This is critical, because only those forgiven can forgive. 
Only those that understand the great magnitude of their own need for forgiveness can truly forgive. 
Forgiveness is not about another deserving it, in fact it is not about the other person at all. 
God forgave you before you realized that you needed it. 
Had God waited for His creation to see their need for forgiveness and do what needed to be done in order to deserve it, His creation would have never been redeemed.
Forgiveness is about personal peace for there is no peace without it.
Forgiveness is about personal freedom for there is no freedom without it. 
Freedom from the bondage of bitterness. The pain of self pity. The weight of victimization. 
Lay them down before the God that has forgiven you.
Experience forgiveness.
And as a result, your heart will be inclined to go, and do likewise. 

And the peace of Christ will rule in your heart, as you have been called to one body, and your heart will overflow with thankfulness.
The overflow will be sure to change those around you.

forgiven.
tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment