Friday, November 4, 2011

turn your eyes

source: colonialchurch.org
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose trust is the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green.
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7,8


As tears stained my face, my heart bowed low before the throne of an Almighty, altogether, perfectly good King. 
The only words that came were, "Please no. Please God, no." 
As the presence of God washed over me, my heart found the courage to not only say, but to believe,
"but, not our will Lord...but Thine be done." 

As the dawn broke over the wintering landscape, God's Word met me in that place. 
My head still sore and my heart still aching, 
God's Word remained. 
God remains. 
And in this place of heat, drought and fear, 
He not only promises His presence, 
but He promises nourishment...beauty...fruit. 
There is no fear because there is assurance. 
There is no anxiety because there is still evidence of God's faithful providence. 

As I strain my swollen eyes to see the face of God,
His face becomes clear as my heart echoes the song of King David,
"O God, you are my God; 
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands." (Psalm 63:1-4)






"Come Child. Take refuge. Come, hide. 
Allow me to spread My peace over you like a blanket.
Allow my faithfulness to sustain you.
Remember, I am the Alpha and the Omega...
everything that was, is and yet to be
begins and ends with Me. 
I remain. " 

peace.
tiffany 




peace, refuge

1 comment:

  1. I want to weep with those who weep and mourn with those who mourn. Can you share more about this post, Tiffany? God bless.

    ReplyDelete