Tuesday, November 1, 2011

72 days

It's all over the news.
I can't open my home page without seeing the latest development in the Kardashian/Humphries drama.
The latest article was all about the buzz swirling around the 20 karat rock that is on her left hand.
Turns out that a diamond the size of a drawer knob doesn't guarantee a 'happily ever after'...
I have never seen even a small part of the Kardashian show nor do I have any desire to do so.
I know nothing more than what was on the cover of the magazines that lined the grocery aisles regarding the over the top, multi million dollar wedding event. I do know that she wore three different wedding gowns, all designed by big name people, and more than fifteen million dollars worth of diamonds over the course of her wedding day.
All for seventy two days of wedded matrimony.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is
love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,
self control;
against such things there is no law." 
Galatians 5:22,23

I love this. 
The byproduct of walking with God is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. 
These things are not the byproduct of financial prosperity, intellectual achievement, mass popularity, good health or a pretty face. 
The blessing of joy and peace, love and faith, gentleness and goodness, patience and self control can be mine if I will just abide in Him...walk with Him...dwell with Him. 
I may never have a wedding ring the size of a door knob or earn the PhD that I so badly want, 
but truthfully, that is just stuff of earth. 
When those things are what my heart is set upon, then there will be nothing but disappointment and failure in my future simply because stuff of earth does not satisfy. Millions of dollars or millions of followers does not bring peace or contentment. 
BUT, when I walk intimately with my God, the Giver of All Good Things, the Creator and Sustainer of all that is, all that has been and all that will be, love and joy will be mine in abundance. 

May you walk with God today. 
May the desire of your heart be completely fulfilled within the Person of Jesus Christ. 
May you abide in His presence, experience His peace and claim His redemption. 
I pray for reconciliation where healing is needed. 
I pray for joy where there is sorrow.
I pray for peace to overshadow fear. 
I pray for faithfulness where apostasy resides.
May His goodness, like a fetter, bind your wandering heart to Thee. 
May the fruit of the Spirit be the fruit that flows from your life today. 
Bless you dear friends. 
tiffany  

No comments:

Post a Comment