Thursday, January 20, 2011

Celebrating without you...

Tomorrow is your birthday. It is hard to believe that it has been nearly four years since I last touched you...prayed with you...told you I loved you. Sometimes I have dreams about you and you are there, talking with me in that same manner you always had. I wake up smiling and thank God for your life. In some ways, twenty eight years was not enough, but in others, I knew you were ready to meet Jesus. There are moments that I still cry and it is mostly because I just miss you. I still laugh when I think of the tricks we played on Mom and I smile when I think of our last Christmas together. You would be so proud of your nephew...I tell him about you all the time, especially when he plays with Legos. Your life and your death have taught me so many things and for that I am deeply grateful. In Revelation 22:13 God says, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." There are moments that my mind wanders back to those last days and I wish I could have been there...said something...done something. It is in those times that the Holy Spirit brings me back and gently says, "Tiffany, I was there. I was there the moment he was conceived, the moment he was born and I was there when he took his last breath on earth. I was there when he opened his eyes before my heavenly throne. I am the First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega. Life begins and ends with me. I am holy and righteous in all I do and his length of days on earth were altogether good." I am thankful to have loved you. I am thankful to have been your little sister. I am thankful you loved Jesus the only way you knew how during your brief time on this earth. I eagerly await the day when I can again celebrate your birthday with you. Until then, know we are celebrating without you. I love you. I miss you.

<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment