Tuesday, October 4, 2011

together

We have come a long way together.
together. I love that word. 


I remember the first time he called me his girlfriend.
We were both lying in the dirt, peering up into the engine of his beloved Bronco II, watching the transmission fluid pour out after a particularly challenging and exhilarating hill climb in the Blue Hills.

I remember the first kiss.
Too sacred to describe.
A moment I will hold onto forever. A moment we still talk about.

I remember the first time he held my hand.
I still laugh at the memory of our engagement...an anxious 19 year old boy on his knee waiting for his stammering girlfriend to accept his proposal in front of an entire wait staff of a restaurant.

I remember not knowing what the future held, but not caring.
I remember feeling young, but knowing I was loved completely and knowing that was all that mattered.
That, and God was faithful.
And the three of us, we were in this together. 


Through the births of our children,
the deaths of loved ones,
the bounced checks and student loans,
the exciting days and the every days,
the sweat and the tears,
the milestones and the mundane.
We are in it together. 
And nothing but death will change that.

How blessed I am.
tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment