Friday, September 30, 2011

thankful



pumpkin harvest with WarneyPa and Grama Harriet

 a ripe chestnut ready for the picking



lighting and releasing the 'sky lantern'




explaining the 'rules' of frog racing
My husband and I realized that we have had bonfires with friends every night since last Friday with the exception of Monday night. Some have been at our home, some not, but all with good friends, family and usually a large amount of calories to be consumed.
Have I mentioned that we love fall?
We have been harvesting pumpkins, playing on hay bales, riding on hay wagons and racing frogs.
We have had a good week of school and have really enjoyed this lovely and warm fall weather. I think the kids are ready for colder temps though because it is as though I have to make them go outside which I don't really understand. Once outside of course they are happy to be there, but I think they are ready to hunker down and enjoy some inside time.
Well, my kids are awake now and are requesting a Mother's attention, so considering that I am the only mother on premises, I had better run.
This week I am thankful for...
~24 hour cough and cold medicine
~Apologia Science
~kids that love to read
~the smell of bonfire
~a perfectly roasted marshmallow and a perfectly simmered cup of cider
~dead mosquitos
~a good photograph
~a good conversation
~a good board game
~bed time
~family joined by marriage but connected in love
~my senior high kids

May gratitude and sweetness fill your heart and be the byproduct of your speech, life and love.
thankful.
tiffany 

1 comment:

  1. I love thankful lists. This was lovely. And bonfires?! So fun!

    ReplyDelete