Friday, September 23, 2011

weekly gratitude




"Look Mom--this one has kernels!!" 
The weather has taken a crisp turn and the leaves are turning as well.
The days end sooner and for some reason, crawling into bed a bit earlier just seems to be a good fit. We have been simmering cider and baking apple crisp. The frost covers the ground in the early mornings and the air has an extra sweet smell to it.
Fall is the best time of year.

This has been a really nice week.
August was wicked busy so September has been a nice change of pace. We have settled into a lovely school routine and our Wednesday night church activities have begun as well. Our weekends have been unspoken for which has presented fabulous opportunities for trailer rides around our property, impromptu hikes through the fall foilage at the local state park and bonfires under the stars.
Soon, the snow will fall, the wind will howl and by Feburary I will be looking for job and house listings in the southerly part of our nation. But for now, I am thankful for the life that God has given me and I will choose gratitude even though there is a blizzard on the horizon...

This week my heart is full of gratitude for a great number of reasons. It is hard to choose just a few, but I will do my best so as not to bore you stiff (you're welcome).

~cars that are paid for
~cars that start (most of the time ;) 
~an early morning call from my dad telling me how proud he is and how much he loves me
~Citrus Wassail--the best cider ever
~the ability and the desire to homeschool our children
~a garden that is now no more than a fresh plot of black dirt
~dead skunks
~new friends that come for dinner and stay until late
~old friends that come when the house is a mess and my hair is greasy
~the ability to speak, see, move and breathe
~the words please and thank you and i love you when spoken from the mouths of my Littles

wishing you much joy and much gratitude,
tiffany 

1 comment:

  1. I just set foot in Minnesota for the first time in my life on this road trip I'm taking with my parents! Lovely state! (This non-sequitar brought to you by looking at your 'about' me section and seeing you have a Minnesota connection!)

    Those pics among the corn are really cute. puts me in a harvest mood!

    ReplyDelete