Friday, June 17, 2011

weekly gratitude

"all we like sheep have gone astray..,."
cousins reunited.

I know it may be hard to believe, but I am still alive.
It has been exactly two weeks since I have posted and a lot has happened in that time. For example, we mowed part of our lawn. Unless you are a neighbor or someone that drives past our house, you are probably wondering why this even sort of matters, but trust me, it is exciting. The grass is long enough to support cattle. In fact we are even thinking about adopting a goat and naming it Mower...

Anyway, it is hard to articulate or even sum up the last fourteen days...the last three months...of my life, so I won't try other than to say that God is faithful and someday, I will be normal again. (I say this to myself at least 47 times through any given day.)

We now have drywall, painted drywall mind you, although I swear the colors are different than the ones I chose off those little one inch paint card things. I now have a sofa that occupies a space other than my kitchen floor (and does not have green stripes!) and a piano in my living room rather than in the middle of my dining room. I was interviewed for a position at my church, which I was totally freaked out about (the interview...not the position) but made it through. We spent some much needed get-away time at the lake with my good friends and have enjoyed some sweet late night, early morning conversations with my sister visiting from California. We have spent a lot of time talking about where we should both live so we can see one another more than twice a year. I love dreaming.

I have laughed and cried. I have worried and prayed. I have thought I was at the end of my rope and I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. God has been faithful in spite of myself. It is life giving to know that God's faithfulness and character is not dependent upon me and my stupidity or feeble attempts  to submit, rest and trust.

Next Sunday, I will be leading a group of kids on a short term ministry opportunity so I would appreciate your prayer during this last week of preparation and the week we are gone. I will try to post more through next week but will not be posting during the trip itself.

Here is a small smattering of things I am deeply grateful for...
~deodorant 
~sunshine!!!
~ponytails and a husband who thinks they're sexy
~cereal
~knowing that God sustains all things and is not limited to human response, reaction or inability
~a sexy man with a hammer and tape measure
(my husband that is...)
~'new' furniture
~calls from long distance friends
~sisters
~family
~a Daddy for my lovely Littles that we have the blessing of celebrating this weekend
~my church
~God's Word
~spontaneous 'I Love You's' from my Littles
~friends that still love me in spite of my lack of communication and investment during this season of life

My heart is so full that it is hard to articulate His faithfulness and underserved kindness . 
I pray that you will be blessed by His kindness as well as just the sheer beauty of His presence in your life. 
May you be aware of Him in spite of the pain, stress or busyness of life. 

blessed. 
tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment