Friday, June 3, 2011

weekly gratitude


I must be getting really comfortable in my own skin to actually post such a horrid picture, but this definitely captures a moment that I was truly thankful for this week. So, never mind the fact that it had been nearly 48 hours without a shower and my hat is on backwards, and pay all the attention to the sweet lady sitting next to me. The fact that I still have any friends is a blessing in and of itself!

My son came up to me the other night and handed me a small sprig of lilacs. The only thing lovelier than the lilacs was the huge smile he had spread across his face. 
E: "Mama, these are for you!" 
Me: "Thanks Buddy!"
E: "Mama, you need to smell them!"
Me: "Mmmmmmm!" as I take a big wiff.
E: "yeah, they reminded me of you because theys pitty (pretty) too."

This week, in spite of the chaos and exhaustion, there are so many things to pause and give thanks for...
~my sweet boy, his lovely lilacs and the way he loves me
~sweet friends that call out of the blue on their vacation day, offer to bring supper and swing a hammer while the kids play
~power tools
~husband that knows how to use them
~God's Word that nourishes me, encourages me and challenges me
~home renovation and the fact that there is an end of the tunnel somewhere
~our church
~the Sr. High youth group
~two wheeled bikes and my four kids that ride them
~mosquito repellant and the fact we need it
~the clear counter space that I do have
~Ashley over at the homemade life and her real life blogs that encourage me and make me laugh
~flip flops

may your weekend be as lovely as you are.
<><tce

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, you bless and encourage me so much as well! I think you look darling in this picture, your smile is so sweet! and the story of the lilacs was just precious!!!!
    oh and I am also thankful my husband can use power tools... aren't handy husbands great?

    ReplyDelete