Thursday, July 12, 2012

'I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all that you have done;
I ponder the work of your hands,
I stretch out my hands to you;
my soul thrists for you like a parched land.'
Psalm 143:5,6

Remember. 
Remeber who God has been to you. 
Remember the breath in your lungs...the light in your eyes...the life in your days. 

Meditate.
Slow down. Dare to approach the throne that beckons you. Find rest there. 
Allow the Truth of Who God is and Who God has been to wash over you and set you free. 

Ponder. 
Look around. Savor the song in the birds, the sway in the trees, the white in the clouds, the burning ball of gas that lingers just the right distance from the Blue Planet we call home. Any closer and we would burn. Any further and we would freeze. Perfect balance. Perfect distance. Perfect Creator. 

Thirst. 
Allow the goodness of God and break through the independant pride that deprives us of great blessing in the presence of our King. Stretch your hands before Him. Dare to reach for Him. Admit your thirst. Cry out for refreshment in the midst of the dry and parched land. Allow the River of Life to saturate your soul and change you from the inside out. 

'Bless the Lord, O my soul, all that is within me,
bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good 
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. '
Psalm 103:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment