Thursday, August 9, 2012

the freedom

'...But when they measure themselves by one another 
and compare themselves with one another,
they are without understanding.'
2 Corinthians 10:12b

I love this. Love. love. love. this. 
Paul is addressing the issue of self righteousness and spiritual comparison.... 
Ha, and we thought the Bible was not relevant to our lives today! 

As my soul savored these precious words today, a quiet and profound sense of freedom washed over me...alongside the solid conviction of my Sweet Jesus....
Baby Girl, 
when you compare yourself-your children-your home-your body-your yard-your accomplishments-your failures-your giftings-to that of another, 
you are failing to understand the beauty that I have in store for you and the work I am doing in others. 
Your journey will never mirror that of another. 
With my strength you will begin to savor that and the pull to compare will cease. 
Walk with Me. 

A prayer of my heart is the prayer for understanding. 
I long to understand who God is and the woman He is creating me to be. 
I long to understand my husband and children so as to love them more. 
I long to understand the hurt and anguish around me so as to minister His love and healing more effectively. 
I long to understand. 

When I fall prey to the pull of comparison, I am forfeiting the divine understanding of the Creator of all I compare. 

As I digest this profound truth, 
the beautiful result is sweet, sweet freedom. 
Freedom to leave behind the scrutiny of others and even more so the scrutiny of myself. 
I lay down the weight of judgement and condemnation and trade it for the yoke that only the Creator God can offer. 
And with that comes understanding. 

Freedom and understanding. 
Yes please. 

<><tce

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany, this is Bethany (Lockhart) Roise I really enjoy your blog! I'm in Stephen, MN right now visiting family. Isn't that quite close? I'd love to see you again! Call or text me if you'd like or have time to get together. 970-846-0229.

    ReplyDelete