Friday, January 20, 2012

in a manner worthy

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, 
urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling 
to which you have been called,
with all humility and gentleness,
with patience,
bearing with one another in love,
eager 
to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. "
~Apostle Paul
Ephesians 4:1-3

To be honest...
I know I am called. 
Without a doubt, I know that I have been called. 
I have been called to "Come, and follow Me...and I will make you a fisher of men." 
I have been called to leave all others and cling to my husband. 
I have been called to train up my children in the way they should go so that when they are old they will not depart from it. 
I have been called to teach my children the principles of God's Word so that they too will go into all the world making disciples and teaching in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. 

Truthfully, 
it is really hard. 

God has opened the door for me to work in youth ministry. 
It is a great love of mine. Young people in the throws of adolescence, hormones, dating drama and college choices...I love it. But it's hard. The pain is great. The family strife is heart breaking. The dress is immodest and the drama is real. 
But the joy is great. The blessing is tangible and God is doing great things. 
I love it. even though it's hard. 

I am blessed to stay home and educate my children. 
It is no one's blessing but my own to see their minds wrestle with a new concept. 
It is no one's reward but my own to hear the celebration in their voice when the wrestling match is over and they have begun to take hold of the concept. 
It is a great privilege to hear them play together, imagine together, learn together, read together...pray together. 
The sacrifice is high. 
My hours are not my own and I would be remiss to say that there is not a draw in the school bus some days. The days when the laundry is piled high, the paper work needs attention, my girlfriends are enjoying late morning coffee or my body is pleading for a nap. 
There is a diploma waiting for me....
But I have been called, and so I will walk worthy and trust that at the end of the day, 
He will call me faithful and my children will rise and call me Blessed. 

Mrs.....
I love this title. 
There are few joys in life that I savor more than burying my cold feet in the warmth of his body as I drift off to sleep. 
There are few sounds that I love more than the gravel beneath his tires as he pulls in the driveway after a long day at the office. 
With every new smile line, body ache or milestone reached, I rejoice in the days we have had together.
But I am sinner married to a sinner. 
Marriage is hard. 
Did I mention the piles of laundry? the paperwork pleading for attention? the diapers that need changing? the tired body in need of a nap...or a complete night's sleep without the heel of a child in your face? 
While marriage is blissful in part, it's true joy and true challenge comes in the day to day love in life. 

"Therefore....walk worthy of the calling to which you have been called....with humility, gentleness and patience....bearing with one another in love....eager to maintain unity...."
The calling of youth leader, mother, wife...and friend. 
As I abide in the beauty of His presence, 
and take shelter in the shadow of His wings, 
I will find the strength to walk in a manner worthy of this blessed calling. 

Won't you join me? 
blessings, 
tiffany 

1 comment:

  1. "There are few joys in life that I savor more than burying my cold feet in the warmth of his body as I drift off to sleep." this made me lol! It was tryly a blessing to read this today: sinner married to a sinner (I especially needed this reminder)

    ReplyDelete