Monday, December 5, 2011

hungry and thirsty: memory lane, day 4

I have to take a moment and tell you how blessed I am.
I have two men in my life that love me completely, every part of me.
They know my flaws and faults better than any other human and yet their love remains the same.
I have learned so much about the love of God and have understood more concretely as a result of these two men.
Thank you Jon and thank you Dad.

I do not say these things for their honor alone.
I say these things because a.) sometimes we need to express our appreciation more and b.) God has blessed us with so much more than we deserve or sometimes are even aware of.

As Christmas approaches, the reality that He has not only blessed me with an incredible dad and husband, but He has blessed me with Himself, is setting in.

In Him lies everything I need.
In my earthly mind set it is easy to forget that.
There are moments that I don't think I could ever survive the loss of one of these blessed people in my life, but when all is said done, when I hunger and thirst for righteousness, He is faithful to fill me--not with anything from this earth that can die or go away, but He is faithful to fill me with the very Person of righteousness--Himself.

As I read through this post looking for what to post today, I felt as though I should share this one.
Christmas unearths a hunger for a great many things:
harmony. memories. food. traditions. possessions. and the list goes on.
Although none of these things are bad, when that alone is what we desire, we are sure to come up short and aching and still searching for something more.

I pray that this Christmas, the harmony and memories and gifts will be a great blessing, but I pray that even more than that, you will hunger for and be satisfied with the very Person...the very Essence of all that we desire and all that we are, which is God Himself.

blessed. loved.
tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment