Monday, August 20, 2012

in God alone

'Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the 
Lord our God!'
Psalm 20:7

O sweet Jesus--keep my heart from idols!
Keep my heart from looking to things or people for protection, deliverance or fulfillment. May my heart's affection and my heart's confidence be found solely in you. Grant me grace that I may always remember that the securities of this earth are temporary and while mortal men are eternal beings because of their souls, their presence on this earth is as temporary as a blade of grass. 
Today and tomorrow and the days to come, may my heart bow to you only and find it's security and peace and fulfillment and rest in your name alone!

peace. 
tiffany 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't commented in forever but I read most of your posts. I just wanted to say hi and I love your blog! I know you're not on FB anymore so here is my blog if you ever want to check it out. www.myfavoritethingsem.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete