Friday, September 14, 2012

"Baby Girl..."

It has been a lovely day. a full day. a friday.

As I journey with God through life, the lessons seem unending and sometimes the weariness is more than I can want to endure. While there are lessons on patience, gentleness, graciousness and all these other noble things that I seem to be lacking, the lessons hardest to learn are about seeing the me that God Himself has created.

Comparision waits around the corner and is eager to shine the spotlight on the mom that I am not and the mom that so and so is

She sews with her girls. Look at those adorable costumes. handmade satchels. crocheted leg warmers. *sigh*

She takes trips with her girls. Look at all the photos and special keepsakes. So what if they'll be in the rummage sale next summer. think of the memories. 
*sigh*

She has such a great garden. such a great way of incorporating her kids into nature and literature and excercise and culture and everything handmade and homemade and...
*sigh* 

Comparision lies in wait to flaunt the homemaker that I will never be as I step through the door and am greeted by the dust of yesterday and the deadlines of tomorrow. My mind flutters back to the perfectly kept home of a friend, the finished baseboard trim of another and the matching home decor of yet another.

As I settle down inside, making a place to sit and savor the presence of God in the midst of the strewn toys, misplaced car keys and lost library books,
He speaks truth through the lies screaming for attention.
He speaks to the woman I want to be...to the woman I was...and most importantly...
to the woman I am. 

Baby Girl, 
you 
are 
mine. 

every word I will ever write. speak. think.
pray.
comes from the spring of Life.
every thing I will ever do or hope to do
comes from the Giver of all good things.
every project I finish...every project I try to finish...every project I fail to finish...
will be surrendered to Him.

Everything I am. everything I wish I was. everything I aspire to be. everything I will never be.
everything is captured eternally in those five words....

Baby Girl, 
you 
are
 mine. 

<><tce

No comments:

Post a Comment